By Abby Reinhard
Asbestos tile is a liability and something you want to be rid of as quickly as possible. However, it’s extremely expensive to remove and usually requires the use of an asbestos mitigation company as well as a full building evacuation.
Nevertheless, many institutions we work with have gotten new floors without having to abate asbestos flooring (e.g. Vinyl Asbestos Tile) by using luxury vinyl “floating floors”. A number of facilities directors and others have been grateful to learn about this option because it has saved them a lot of time, money, and headaches in their search for a solution for asbestos tile.
Luxury Vinyl “Floating Floors”:
Here are five things to know about luxury vinyl “floating floors” that provide a high quality solution without the hassle and cost of mitigating the asbestos tile:
- Require no adhesive on the subfloor — the tiles or planks either click together or simply lay on the floor in a stable and secure installation
- Need no wax, and are easy to clean and maintain with just wet mopping
- Offer many beautiful design options (wood look, stone, etc.)
- Come with heavy duty wear layers and stand up to traffic in busy areas including cafeterias and hallways
- Are offered on the NY State Contract!
Some might use this as a temporary solution and can easily have the tiles or planks pulled up when they do want to mitigate. You can even potentially re-use the flooring in another area in your facility.
Please let me or your GP salesperson know if you’re interested in learning more or would like to see samples. We’ll get right back to you.
As always, a big thanks from all of us at GP Flooring Solutions, your friendly WBE-certified, authorized flooring dealer on the New York State contract.